Thai Patties with Spicy Peanut Sauce
(Makes 8 Patties)
We would like to thank Lucy Musgrave who has developed this wonderful mouth-watering recipe using our plain ready-to-eat quinoa pouches
(Twitter: @lucymuz_ Instagram @puredelicious_ Facebook: Lucy Musgrave).
- Approximately 500g (2 small / 3 medium) sweet potato
- 1/2 Thai curry paste recipe (below), or shop brought Thai red curry paste (use amount on the packaging)
- 6 spring onions
- 1 lightly seasoned, plain flavour ready-to-eat quinoa pouch
- Splash olive oil
- Handful fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
For The Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy-sauce
- 1 tbsp maple/agrave/brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/3 cup water
For The Thai Curry Paste (If Making)
- 1 large white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 stalkes lemongrass
- Thumb of ginger
- 3 large red chillies, deseeded
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
Thai Curry Paste
For the Thai curry paste (if making), peel and cut the onion into large chunks, and add to a high speed blender or food processor. Add the garlic cloves, bottom third of the lemongrass, ginger, chillies, and chilli flakes, then blend until smooth. The paste can be stored in the frige for a couple of days, or in the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius and add the sweet potatoes. Bake for 40-60 minutes, depending on the size, or until soft and tender. Reduce the heat to 180 degrees celsius.
- Meanwhile, slice the spring onions and add to a pan along with the olive oil. Sauté until soft, then add the Thaicurry paste. Fry until fragrant.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked sweet potato (not skins), quinoa, spring onions, fresh coriander, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Using a potato-masher or fork, combine the ingredients well. It should come together but still have some lumps.
- On a lined baking tray, use your hands to seperate the mixture into 8 patties, and flatten down with your palm. Place in the oven to cook for 25-30 minutes.
- While the patties are cooking, make the peanut sauce. In a small bowl, combine all the ingrdients and mix well. You may want to add a little more water depending on your desired consistency.
- Remove the patties from the oven, and serve with the sauce, fresh coriander, and sliced spring onion