(Makes 6 Peppers)
We would like to thank Lucy Musgrave who has developed this wonderful mouth-watering recipe using our lemon & herb ready-to-eat quinoa pouches (Twitter: @lucymuz_ Instagram @puredelicious_ Facebook: Lucy Musgrave).
- 6 bell peppers (red, orange or yellow are best)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon & herb ready-to-eat quinoa pouch
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 small courgette
- 100g (roughly) chestnut mushrooms (a sub for any other mushrooms)
- Black pepper
- Preheat your grill to a medium heat, and leave to heat up.
- Dice the onion, and saute in a saucepan along with the olive oil on a low heat until soft and translucent.
- While the onion is cooking, place the bell peppers under the grill on their side until slightly charred. This should take 2-3 minutes. Flip the peppers over, and repeat for the other side. Remove from the grill and leave to cool slightly.
- Turn off the grill, and preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Crush or finely chop the garlic clove, and add the onion along with the chilli flakes. Fry for a further 2-3 minutes before dicing and adding the courgette. Mix well.
- Slice the mushrooms, and when the courgettes are soft, add to the pan. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Slice the tops off each pepper, then remove the seeds and pith. Place onto tray (you may need to level off the bottom to prevent the peppers from falling).
- Add the lemon and herb quinoa to the vegetable mixture, and combine well.
- Spoon the mixture into the peppers, and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the peppers are soft and juicy.
- Remove from the oven, and serve as a meal or a side.