Quinoa salad with roasted Squash, Broccoli & chickpeas
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup of water
- 1 small squash
- 1/2 broccoli head
- 8 asparagus tips
- 1 large avocado
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- 1 small tin of chickpeas
- 1 tsp ras el hanout
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a pan on medium heat add a little olive oil and then add the quinoa.
- Toast the quinoa for around 30 seconds and pour 1 cup of boiling water into the pan. Season with salt, turn down the heat and pop the lid on.
- Cook until all the water is absorbed and the quinoa is nice and fluffy.
- Leave the lid on until you are ready for it.
- Cut the squash into thin slices and pop into a baking tray, add the cut up broccoli florets and season with salt. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Pop into the oven at around 180c for approx 30 minutes, making sure to turn the broccoli to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Approx 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the asparagus tips and cook for the remaining time.
- In a pan, over high heat, add some olive oil, the ras el hanout and salt. Then add your drained chickpeas and cook until warmed through.
- Stir in the hemp seeds to coat the chickpeas and add a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the spinach leaves to a lard salad bowl and season and top with the quinoa, string some of it together.
- Top the quinoa and spinach mix with roasted squash, broccoli and asparagus. Add sliced avocado, then finish off with the spiced chickpeas sprinkled all over the top.
- Feel free to add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and some tahini.