These sweet quinoa cookies are made using 100% British ingredients for the basic recipe
Our thanks to Rebecca, Thomas & Zoe for this recipe.
- 1.5oz quinoa flakes
- 1.5oz rolled oats
- 3oz self-raising flour
- 2oz sugar
- 3oz butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Optional extras: e.g. cinnamon, ginger, dried fruit or whatever you fancy!
1. Preheat oven to 175° C
2. Measure and mix together the quinoa flakes, oats, sugar and sifted flour.
3. In a pan, gently heat the butter, syrup and milk until melted.
4. Remove pan from heat and add the dry ingredients. Mix well.
5. Allow to cool, then shape 1 teaspoon of mixture into a ball. Place on a lined cookie sheet and gently press to form a thick disc. Repeat for each cookie.
6. Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown, in 2 batches of 6 cookies, to allow for spreading.
7. Leave cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.