Chocolate & Orange Quinoa Porridge
20 grams of jumbo porridge oats
20 grams of quinoa flakes
Grated courgette (optional, but it makes it extra filling and creamy)
1 tbsp cocoa powder (not hot chocolate powder)
1 scoop of chocolate protein (optional)
1 Orange sliced
- Measure out your oats and flakes and grate your courgette.
- Leave the oats and quinoa flakes in a pan overnight to soak (or you can do first thing in the morning for at least 10 minutes).
- Add enough hot water into the oats and quinoa flakes, so they are just covered.
- When ready to make, add in the grated courgette and begin to cook on a low heat.
- Stir occasionally, then add in the cocoa powder and chocolate protein. Continue to cook until the mix reaches your preferred consistency. The longer you cook for, the thicker the consistency.
- Whilst your porridge is cooking, slice your orange.
- Bring off the heat and pour the porridge into a bowl.
- Add your sliced orange and a spoonful of chocolate spread into the bowl and enjoy!