BBQ Quinoa Burgers
This delicious recipe is from Lucy Musgrave, and it’s not going to disappoint. Healthy, tasty and perfect for all the summer BBQ’s.
You can find Lucy over here: (Twitter: @lucymuz_ Instagram @puredelicious_ Facebook: Lucy Musgrave).
(Makes 4-6 burgers)
- 1 tin drained black/red beans
- 1 cup (185g) cooked white British Quinoa Company quinoa
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 50g rolled oats OR British Quinoa Company quinoa flakes
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 heaped tbsp tahini
- Squirt BBQ sauce or ketchup (optional but recommended)
- Preheat your oven to 180c.
- Fry the onion in a little oil or water until soft. Add the garlic and spices, cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Place mix, along with the remaining ingredients, into a food processor. Blend until well combined but still slightly chunky.
- Shape into 4-6 burgers patties and place on a lined tray.
- Place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes. You could fry in oil if you prefer.
- Enjoy on a salad, or in a bread bun with a fresh salad!